View Single Post
      08-26-2015, 10:25 AM   #351
ojt
Noob.
Italy
Rep
Drives: F20 114i (06/2014)

My 2013 114i (bought and registered summer 2014 though, so about a year in use now) has a bit over 10.000km on the clock. No real problems to report. The minor annoyances:
  • Fogging headlight, just one, and it's pretty bad at times.
  • Cigarette lighter fuse blew during the first couple of months. Not sure if this was a defect of the car.. I might've dropped something in there or my USB adapter plug was faulty.
  • Some rattling sound at low revs, high gear and accelerating. Might be one of the heat shields a bit loose?
  • Annoying wastegate hissing when releasing throttle after acceleration, especially on Sport mode.
  • Squeaky doors, but I resolved this by cleaning up the felt(ish) and rubber parts, and cleaning well + waxing the areas around the doors. Also got some einszett gummipflege for the rubber

OK, maybe the headlight issue is a real problem.

The wastegate (at least, I suppose it is the wastegate) hiss is a weird one, but I understood it should be normal. Does anyone else notice this sound? I kinda get the feeling this is specific to 114i

I have the first service coming up next month - only 10.000km a year, and all in city - and I think I will mention the foggy headlight and the various annoying sounds. Though I'm 95% sure the sounds are either normal, or even if they're not, the dealer will say they are. And I'm not expecting them to fix the headlight either really. Oh well.. maybe an oil change at least.
Appreciate 0