View Single Post
      04-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #15
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
Judging by the first video from harkes, it does indeed look like there is an ediff feature enabled, as wheelspin is allowed, but both rear wheels seem to spin very evenly.
But ediff is what works when the wheels don't spin evenly, assisting the rotation of the car, isn't it? In the first video I couldn't notice any fishtailing I'm so familiar with driving in Sport+ in winter. I even had to go down to DTC recently as it's quite uncomfortable to find the car suddenly pointing at the oncoming lane (when in the leftmost, right-hand traffic). Luckily no thrust! And isn't that an indication of no ediff involved (only a skid so I can take my time to correct)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
The ediff is very noticeable in corners when it intervenes, but I can't really tell what it is doing when driving straight. Testing corners with DTC or Sport+ causes the stability control to cut in.
In DTC and Sport+ there's a delay before the stability control cuts in. You get wheelspin (heard, but not always) and fishtailing (sometimes) before that happens (the indicator starts to flash). In some test video I recall a statement only a limited skid angle is allowed thus you can not spin around (unless that physics again).

I've just watched a TorSen explanation video (failed to get why only one of the connected wheels can spin the other, not vice versa, I'll think about it ), read the comment and wondered if I really did it right relying on DSC OFF to move a stuck car caring not to have the steering wheel always turned...
Appreciate 0