harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
My comments:

- I don't think the e-diff is enabled in traction mode, only in DSC Off mode. At least that is what the BMW documentation and manuals say. If you had selected Sport+, you would have gotten traction mode with the engine response in sport mode.

- My experience is that the best 0-100 times are set on cold days. The engine performance drops noticeably with increased heat.

- Less wheelspin is not always an advantage in such tests.

As an example, I used to have a 1990 BMW E30 318iS. The factory claimed 0-100 km/h in 9.9 seconds. I did a 7.9 second run (GPS logged) with studless winter tyres and limited slip differential on a very cold winter day, with lots of wheelspin. I think the engine was over 5000 RPM the entire run because of tyre slip.
E-diff is always enabled. In four years owning the car I have never once experienced only the inner tire spinning. I have plenty of power (440 crank in the video) so cold or not does not matter - you can also see in the video the TC is still at work at quite high speeds.