bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
Definitely a great idea, and probably a bit more to see in the area than Spartanberg. Then again, Spartanberg shows what some hard working folks in the USA can do.
Ever been to Thermal, CA? I've stayed in Palm Desert a couple of times. There are some incredible drives (Palms to Pines, anyone?) out there, but not much else. I'd actually say it's quite similar to Spartanburg in that you're close to some good drives, but not much else. Spartanburg itself is a bit bigger, and there's Greenville just 45 minutes away. Thermal has Hwy 74 nearby, but you've got to drive to the Los Angeles or San Diego area if you're looking for a metro area. I'd be surprised if Palm Springs and Palm Desert combined are as big as Spartanburg (population wise).

LA is accessible from Thermal, but it's a solid 2 hr drive. From Spartanburg, you have to drive northwest to Asheville or east to Charlotte for anything resembling a big city though, and neither are as large as LA, obviously. Asheville is the clear choice if you're looking for a decent sized city with great food and mountain driving; takes about an hour less than the drive from Thermal to LA according to Google Maps.

I still think Thermal is a reasonable choice for SoCal, and I'm sure this facility will pay out for BMW. There are tons of BMWs in SoCal, and hence tons of BMW drivers. I'm really thrilled for everyone out there who will have a better opportunity to experience PCD.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0