View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #62
MeganeTrophyGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i & Cayenne V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazzi View Post
Well, first of all, I never said that it's a dangerous car to drive.
You said that. and that's how rumours start.
Secondly, I replaced it because it's a fantastic car to drive. Accidents happen. I spun off in a Viper few years ago. That doesn't mean its a dangerous car... Another one of my mates rolled a Golf GTi, but that doesn't mean its a dangerous car... Accidents happen. Important thing is to learn from them.
That is why, the car will receive a rear spoiler notwithstanding what the other guys are saying. Schnitzer seems to be going that way, so somehow I don't think it's a bad idea.
Same thing like making a fuss about a sandbag in the boot... Thats like saying that the car is undriveable if you put couple of bags with luggage and go on holiday with the car...
C'mon guys... get real
Sorry, thats the problem with writing (as opposed to discussing things in person). I read too much between the lines thinking you (and Clarkson) were saying this was a dangerous car. As I said in my posts, I have experiences some scary moments and close calls in my Alpina and M3 in heavy water at high speeds that I never experienced in my FWD and AWD sports cars, and as a result drive a bit slower in in the rain in my BMWs and was expecting the same to be true of my M135.

I think I am a pretty good judge of sports cars and at least my first impressions of the M135 were far more positive than I expected as it seems each generation of BMW has gotten progressively heavier and more luxurious rather than lighter and sportier (one of the hugest surprises was the quickness and sheer enjoyment I got out of the 8 speed AT - as much as l love manuals, being caught in Tokyo traffic jams every day forces you to look for alternatives. Though I love dual clutch trannies like in my previous Boxster S and Mk6 Gti, and single clutch units like in my Alfa 147 GTA I absolutely HATED ATs until now, selling a gorgeous E46 B3S after only a year because I was so disgusted by how slow the gear changes were - I kid you not when I say that the ZF 8 is BETTER than either the PDK in my Boxster or the DSG in my Gti). Hearing (incorrectly) that the M135i was dangerous and not well made threw me for a loop. Like I said, Jeremy himself had nothing but praise for the M135i in his 2012 piece in the Sunday times so I am just trying to sort through the facts and the hyperbole (Jeremy as fun as he is to watch is often guilty of the latter).

Anyhow, this is a very interesting thread and I really appreciate your comments. Sorry if I misunderstood....
Appreciate 0