View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #23
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Picked up my new car this first thing this morning

Handover was all on time and the sales guy provided a very thorough demonstration. So many buttons and gadgets to run though, it felt more like a pre-flight check in a jumbo-jet.

No freebies from the dealer on handover which was a little disappointing. However, I’ve been extremely happy with the service they have provided from time of order right through to collection so no real complaints.

So on to the car then….. I’ve only had a brief drive straight from the dealership to work. However I felt completely at home in the car. The seats are so comfortable and I absolutely love the standard m sport Hexagon cloth/Alcantara upholstery, Anthracite interior. The upholstery seems to soften the overall feel of the cabin and provide a touch more sportiness. Pleased therefore I didn’t spec leather and spent the money on other options.

The iDrive seems easy enough to use and the HK sounds great but I need to have good play around with the settings.

The m-sport brakes finish the car off nicely especially with the estoril blue bodywork. I drove the car in comfort mode and ride in to work was fantastic. There are a few roads I go down neater work with speed bumps and the ride over the bumps was near perfect (My dad had a previous generation 1 series m sport some years ago and the same journey was backbreaking at times).

Being a good boy I shall be running the car in. However, just driving in comfort mode this morning and putting my foot down up to 4.5k rev’s I can immediately tell that the 125i is going to provide excellent performance. The auto feels seamless through the gears so very pleased with this option also.

Anyway folks that’s all I can really report on at the moment. Overall so pleased with the car and I feel very humbled and lucky to be an owner of one.

Here a few pictures from collection. Sorry, not the best of pictures as it was a horrible wet and foggy morning. My camera skills are not that great either.

Thanks for reading
Martin