01-01-2024, 08:19 PM   #34
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Have you driven a base model Cayman? Take it from a guy that owns one and also has a much more powerful M235, don't write the base model flat 6s off. My 265hp 2011 Cayman base 6MT can do lower 5 second 0-60s and maybe a 13.4 on a good day where as my M235 is a deep 12 second car, but the Cayman is just so much more fun. You can use all the power on the street, it hooks hard off the line, sticks to curves like nothing I've experienced, and it sounds so damn good and I'm still on the stock exhaust. By the seat of the pants, it feels and sounds faster than it is and for me, that's fine. The car turns heads everywhere and I'm constantly asked about it at the store, gas station, etc. I paid $33K for the car in October 2022 and can't stop driving it. It's a scalpel. My M235, though I love it greatly, feels like a wet noodle in comparison.

You can save a ton on a base model or S model and go to town on it, making it your own. To me that's far more enjoyable than paying way more for a halo model where you'll feel guilty doing any mods to it.
I briefly considered a base Cayman but lust after a GTS. I have a Macan S now and told myself the next Porsche will be a GTS. I might settle for an S but want to buy the best I can afford at a reasonable price. Highly considering a 2.5L GTS but would prefer the flat 6; they are $25-30K more though…
Appreciate 1
chassis6642.00