Antares
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: dark-blue coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by washout04 View Post
Haha true.

Just wish they gave you more of a heads up with updates. I remember when we ordered our Feb 2010 build mini cooper s, we found out only later that the March builds were getting a bunch of small updates and additions. Annoying.

For us we need a new car in the middle of this year and I'm torn between getting the 125i now or waiting for the Volvo V40, Audi A3, A class and New Golf to arrive for a test drive to compare.
I know; such things make one really angry

As for cars you've listed here, I can give you some first hand experience.

Mercedes A class
very cute car, real sugar.
I've driven it; with a diesel engine and the Automatic.
verdict? NO buy.
Why?
The chassis (undercarriage) is worth nothing; a VW Polo or a small Renault is better to drive. All the road imperfections are felt inside; uncomfortable. The wheels practically "read" the road to you. Mind, this was not the sport suspension.
The cabin insulation is strange; you get the feeling there is an opening somewhere where the drivers legs are, so that the road (wheels) noise can freely enter.
At the same point, the diesel engine is so noise insulated, you have no feeling of it. Coupled with a badly spaced tachometer, that is also somewhat not user friendly to read, you must use the speed limiter, if you want to avoid a speeding ticket in the city.
The Automatic should be remade.
Back seats are walled (small windows) and the rear window is a joke.

Volvo V40
Just leave it. Old Ford technology that gets recycled on an infinite basis. Where should they take hundreds of millions necessary for development?

VW Golf
The car is far nicer live than on photographs.
The interior is really new and great; I like it far above the Mercedes A and BMW 1.
Big glass surfaces all around make the car really pleasant; it feels bigger and not cramped.
It drives, or should I say glides along, in a calm manner. It's very quiet.
Perfect family car; you don't need more in a car (unless you would like to impress the neighbours with a 5 series from BMW) and would not want to have less.
Appreciate 0