TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgone View Post
I don't understand what BMW is doing with their brand. They are killing it. If BMW's become just as common as a Honda or Toyota, customers will have a hard time justifying the cost of the 3 series on up. BMW has always been a premium brand but now they are destroying so what, they can be the biggest??? Horrible, horrible decision by the executives there. Seriously, when people start looking at a small BMW and thinking, "Oh, that probably cost about $30,000" then why am I going to pay $50,000 for my 3er??? I don't want to have to explain all the upgrades...it should be readily apparent.
They don't care that the streets are flooded with BMW's. In the CNBC documentary, one of the guys said all they care about is that when a customer buys their cars, they know it's the car for them - BMW is and will always be considered a drivers car. Whether you choose to believe that or not, is up to you.

BMW is still a premium brand, but that doesn't mean they stop at what they have right now. I'll admit, some of their decisions lately are questionable but this new 1er compact, if BMW can get it right on all aspects (design, quality, driving dynamics, price), why shouldn't they go for it? How many cars do you know that are compact, good handling, highly fuel efficient also have a luxury or semi-luxury feel to it? Why can't someone who wants a compact also drive something that looks nice with good materials and not just have plastic thrown everywhere?

If someone can't differentiate this and a 3er and for which market, then that's on that person. As a driver, I hardly feel the need to help BMW with their marketing. Sure if someone comes up to me and asks me a simple question about my car, I'll answer them but I drive for my benefit and not anyone else.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 07-24-2011 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0