View Single Post
      11-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #27
Yellow_Belly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330D LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
I understand this when it comes to 4-door family cars that have to serve all purposes including the economic aspect. But one would at least think that a coupé, where the will to pay is higher, could be more bold and progressive. Both 1-, 3- and 6-series coupés/convertibles are good looking and elegant cars, but very conservatively designed. They say that the i8 concept is 95% producton car. Let's hope it's true

Car design? Must be a dream job. Hope you succed!
economic and ergonomic, you can make a great design, but when the engineers say no its back to the drawing board, but like i said with technology so rapidly advancing design is going to be limitless, whether the public is ready or not design will always move forward. its a hard thing to get right because the majority are conditioned to see the same things all the time, whats meant to be good designs in this generation (exotic supercars) and whats bad (old rusty ancient cars) to introduce new exciting designs are risky, but all the companies are doing so now so people will have to just get use to it.
often than not they get it right, take a look at retro design! so awsome! yeah the I8 is the car that will give BMW its design direction for the next generation of models. its such a nice design!
thanks alot pal, working really hard to get in!
Appreciate 0