View Single Post
      03-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #65
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CokerRat View Post

To be fair, this isn't a simple auto insurance claim, this would be a civil suit. Regardless of how you might get into an altercation with someone, it has NEVER become OK for someone to get out of their truck to come beat the ever-lovin' shit out of you. Here's the way a lawyer would see it... by getting out of his truck, the guy in the black SUV is announcing that he is about to do violence to bmwexecutive. In doing so, he has to know he is putting bmwexecutive into a position where he may decide to flee for his personal safety and, on a busy road, this has a high likelihood of leading to a collision. It's no different than if you piss me off for any one of a number of reasons, then I come up to you in a coffee shop and took a swing with a baseball bat and intentionall miss your head by an inch. In the chaos of you jumping off your chair to fight with me, you knock over your coffee onto the person next to you. Who's at fault for hurting the guy next to you? You or me? I personally think bmwexecutive's got a very strong case.
Spoken like a true lawyer...isn't there an ambulance you should be chasing somewhere?

I guess someone up there ^^ was right...I shoudn't stereotype, that really wasn't very "Canadian" of me (lol)...I just get tired of seeing these stories on the news about how some criminal down there breaks into someone's house and hurts himself, then sues the owner for negligence..and wins!!! Crazy!

I'm not saying frivolous suits never happen here in Canada, but it's much more rare and you VERY rarely see any significant rewards. If the burned crotch lady did that up here at Tim Hortons, I'm sure all she would have received was a free medium double double and a box of Timbits!!!
Appreciate 0