01-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #251
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 comp, X5 M50i ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheS9 View Post
Hi all, new member here.

Just finalised my M135i order yesterday (had an A45 AMG on order, but decided to cancel it - but more on that later).

In the end the order came out like this:-
- BMW M135i to be built February 2014
- Alpine White
- Coral Red Dakota Leather with Black Highlights
- Adaptive M Running Gear
- Advanced Parking Pack
- Premium Sound Pack
- Comfort Pack
- M Performance Carbon Fibre/Alacantra Interior Trim Kit
- M Performance Carbon Fibre/Alacantra Steering Wheel
- Brakes to be painted Gloss Red by BMW Body Shop (lifetime guarantee)
- Wheels to be painted Matt Black by BMW Body Shop (lifetime guarantee)
- 5 Year Extended Warranty
- 5 Year or 80,000 km Free Scheduled Servicing

Most likely will go for a tune (Evolve Technik) and exhaust system once the engine has some decent km's on it.

Originally had an A45 AMG on order (2 orders infact, but had very poor treatment from the first dealer), but after a huge blow out on delivery timeframe (from 6 months to 13 months), extremely poor dealer communication, poor dealership experience, and not meeting my requirement of a financial year end delivery - I pulled the plug and looked for another alternative, being the M135i.

I have extensively test-driven both the A45 and M135i, and honestly both cars are bloody brilliant. But at the end of the day I wanted the vehicle prior to financial year end (business registered), and will do a good 25,000 kms a year. The BMW is a much better car to drive daily and to live with. Also the treatment from MB Australia and their dealerships have been at best piss poor - but maybe I should have expected this with a car with so much interest. Also a fair few issues are starting to crop up for A/CLA45 owners, being all new model etc; so I rather the BMW since it is in mid-life (?) of the model (or at least been around a little while).

If people are really interested I can write up an extensive list of pro's and con's of both the A45 and M135i when comparing the two.

Either way the M135i will be delivered at the beginning of April 2014.
Congrats on the new car and welcome! Nice spec you have there.

I for one would be interested in your comparisons between the A45 and M135i. I too test drove both before ordering my M135i. Were you on that massive whirlpool forums A45 thread? I read that from time to time for a bit of fun, they're a passionate bunch :P
Appreciate 0