06-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
ronald89
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d

Hi all,

Let me shortly introduce myself:
My name is Ronald, 23 years old/young and living in the Netherlands (near The Hague).

The last months I spent many hours on this forum and learnt a lot more about the F20/F21. Thanks for that!

At the moment I drive a 2008 BMW 118d (E81) in the color Montegoblau. Which is a great color, especially in combination with the brushed chrome exterior trim:

I've got this car since October 2011 and it's just brilliant. Coming from a Seat Ibiza 2007 the first drive in this car was great. No creaks, no wind noise, just a comfortable car with enough power. I really love driving in it and with 1200 kilometers per week it has become my second home

As this is a leasecar which will be replaced in November this year by a new one, I'm orientating myself for a new car. One thing is for sure: it will be definitely a BWM. Several alternatives have crossed my mind: Volvo V40, new Audi A3, VW Golf, etc. but everytime I end up with the new 1.

For about a month ago I had myself convinced that it should be a F20 5 doors SportLine in Crimson Red until....BWM announced the 3 doors F21

The F21 has the sporty character which is missing in the F20 if you ask me. And in my situation (single, no kids and no plans for it) I simply don't need a 5 doors car.

So I changed my mind, turned on Photoshop and changed the color of a sparkling bronze F21 into a Crimson red F21.....and felt in love for it

By the end of June I will get my formal approval to order a new leasecar. It's for 99% sure that it will be the following one:

116d EDE F21 3 doors (unfortunately the EDE is not deliverable with the M package)
Crimson red
Sport Line (mean accessoires: sport seats, red trim on dashboard, High gloss mirrors etc.)
16" styling 378
Navigation Business (part of Business + package in NL)
PDC rear (part of Business + package in NL)
Xenon headlights (part of Business + package in NL)
HiFi upgrade
Black panel display
Anthracite headlining
Rain + light sensor
Tinted rear windows
Chrome line exterior
Individual Shadowline

A nice list with specs if you ask me

The main reason why I registered to this forum is to thank you for the worthfull information and off course for joining a community of BMW minded people!

I hope to have a good time here.
Appreciate 0