Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eseminario View Post
Hello friends,
I just ordered my 116i here in Peru. I want to buy the Snap IN for my iPhone but sales agent says it won't work because I have Professional Audio System and I need Nav System... Is that right?

I'll go to the US and I'd like to buy some accesories (i.e. parking sensors, camera, snap in, etc) but I can't find for My VIN:*J140412

Any help?
You don't actually need the Snap In adapter to make your phone work or play music, but it is a nice and tidy way to store and charge your phone, and the roof antenna only works with the adapter.

There are 3 different adapters. I have copy/pasted the text from a BMW USA site:

Basic Adapter:
"This system provides a safe and secure place to dock your Apple iPhone while driving and will charge your phone battery when the vehicle is running. The adapter also provides a connection to the roof-mounted telephone antenna for improved cellular reception."

Music Adapter:
"This adapter is for vehicles equipped with the BMW Assist system with Bluetooth wireless technology and Smart Phone Integration. The smart phone option not only charges the phone, but allows access to any music or MP3 files stored on the phone. Also provides a connection to the roof mounted telephone antenna on your car for improved cellular reception. The adapter also provides a safe and secure place to dock your Smart Phone while driving and will charge your phone battery when the vehicle is running."

Media Adapter:
"This adapter is for vehicles equipped with the Smart Phone Integration or BMW APPS factory options. For vehicles with Smart Phone Integration, this adapter not only charges the phone, but allows access to any music or MP3 files stored on the phone. In addition, it provides a connection to the roof mounted telephone antenna on your car for improved cellular reception. For vehicles with BMW APPS, this adapter is required to fully utilize all features of this option. In addition to the great features noted for Smart Phone integration, it allows you to use the “PlugIn” as well as the “Video Playback” features."

From what you describe you'll probably need the Music Adapter. Good luck