01-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #32
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
If there's still quite some room above your head, you could see even more of everything by lifting the whole seat higher (entry/exit ease would be a bonus).
I have enough room for a helmet, but that is pretty much it. It is regarded as an advantage to sit as low as possible with regards to car control. Not so low that you don't see where you are going, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Is it, really? I would suggest it's a matter of the viewing angle: if the steering wheel is high and your head is relatively low (due to either reason) the wheel's hub blocks the lower part of the dashboard, doesn't it? If you can see straight through, the wheel does not matter at all, I suppose.
The height of the seat should not really be a factor, since the steering wheel is height adjustable. After finding a good position for the head, adjust the steering wheel height so that you see the instruments. If your head is too far away, and the steering is close to the instruments, the viewing area through the steering wheel could be too small. Then pull the steering wheel out or move your upper body closer.

If you rest your shoulders firmly on the seat, you should reach the top of the steering wheel with your wrists. If not, you are sitting too far back.

Last edited by ovekvam; 01-08-2015 at 02:18 AM..
Appreciate 0