View Single Post
      10-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #16
RichardF
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 116D SE Automatic

Hi orcomma,
I did a couple of test drives prior to purchase. The first one had run-flat tyres and gave the car a somewhat harder ride than I would have liked. The second car I drove also had the auto box and regular tyres and all seemed okay. Of course, with a new car there are differing noises to learn but I thought twenty minutes around town would be sufficient. I did not think to note the tyre make and model to be honest (or experiencing such tyre noise), additionally, I was concentrating on what the salesman was showing me regarding all the gizmos the car had.
At present BMW are saying it's not them and that it's the agent's responsibility; the agent naturally tell me it's not them but BMW as they have specified those tyres. I therefore expect some ping-pong between the two but will persevere.
Hopefully, the service manager, who has been asked by BMW to contact me, will test drive it himself; if he does, he cannot deny the loud tyre roar. The outcome of which though can be anyone's guess at present.
Richard
Appreciate 0