10-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardF View Post
Update: Well, as expected, I had no joy from the dealer. The technician drove the car with me as passenger. He did hear the noise and agreed that it was loud but then qualified this by adding that if we drove another F20 with the same tyres, we would get the same road noise. I agreed! WE both agreed that the noise was caused by tyre noise. However, I was not privvy to what he wrote in his report but the service receptionist then informed me that no more could be done as there was no fault. I retorted that I could not accept this and wished to escalate the matter; she gave me the BMW customer service phone no. at Bracknell.
Speaking with them (after they had conferred with agent) that alas they deem it as not having a fault and no more could be done. I pressed them that I want to excalate the matter further, so they are again conferring with the service manager at the agent's to arrange for me to have a discussion with him. Will keep all updated.
Richard
sorry, I might be misunderstanding, but are you complaining to BMW about tyre roar from their OEM spec tyres?