08-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #28
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by heder View Post
It's a newer ending discussion....First you should have in mind that we are still in a global economical crisis, and many countries are in still ressesion.
But ofcause BMWs car design are not just copies of competitors designs, but instead they try to come up with new ideas....since they make radically design changes with each of thier new generation of cars, the release of a new car design will always lead to discussions..but also a lot of street attention as well..
Just like the prevous model, people just need a little time to get used to a completely new design. Also BMW's designs tends to be more 'future proof' I think.
So, if your are affraid to buy the 1.series, because you are affraid to buy a car that you think only few people wants or like, I think you should just probably just go for the safes choice on earth , go buy a VW....
touché for the VW hint! Concerning the "getting used to" that a lot of members seem to share: the Bangle droopy 7-series front and end never grew on any body either. You loved it, or you hated it... all the way, until the very end. I hope it is different for the 1-series fish bowl headlamps, but I remain sceptical. My bed is it will be corrected on the 2-series and the facelift. I believe that many on this forum are hoping for this.
Appreciate 0