09-25-2015, 10:06 AM   #17
cornholio21
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 118d (03/2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2005b View Post
Got an update for you guys: you can now flash any original BMW software via OBD without having to worry about wrong tuning and warranty issues. It's good news especially for 114i and 116i owners that can now easily flash 118i software.

Regarding the customized software flashing via OBD, there was a major breakthrough during the last week (thanks to some help from a US based tuner and BOSCH expert, I don't know if he wants his name published but I believe he is a member of this forum) and we are now able to flash any software via OBD. The thing is, it is still under a very thorough QA process, testing etc. ECU flashing is a very volatile process and therefore requires a lot of testing. I can't promise a date but I would say it will be released to shops in about 1.5 months or so - it very much depends on our testing, each and every problem that pops up can delay this. There are many different ECU environments (software versions) and a lot of different configurations to test.

harkes, I can tell you have absolutely zero knowledge about software/hardware disassemble or reverse engineering or even software programming. There is no timeline when it comes to cracks/exploits utils as it requires a lot of development and bypasses that result in new cracking/spoofing techniques. There is no textbook when it comes to cracking. Not everything goes by the plan. The only person in the world who had already enabled people such as yourself to flash customized software on an Fxx BMW computer (after almost 3 years of uncrackable ECUs) is working hard on that OBD solution. You can either wait and let those skilled people do their job, or try yourself. The latter is not really an option, just teasing.

Software development itself is very much prone to unexpected bumps and is very hard to plan, reversing a complex secured & hardened embedded software is probably 100 times more unexpected. I can just update you with the progress, can't really commit to any release dates.
max2005b, for my understanding - will it be possibile to remap the whole ECU or just to load the 120/125 software on a 118? Also will diesel ECU be supported?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0