View Single Post
      01-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
Carto4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mercedes 190E 2.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolz View Post
That's what I'm after really, it's supperior compared to bmws' previous autoboxes but that's because they were behind the competiton among std cars auto-transmissions. Now they catched up and offer something that match the competition but what took them so long?

my reaction to the 8-speed auto is "finally, about time, what took them so long?" whereas the general appreciation is "omg bmw has released a new auto-gearbox which is the best mankind has ever seen" like it's something sensational redefining the auto-gearbox-era i general almost.

the DSG was revolutionary and redefining when it came, this is not, but the reviews make it sound so.

I feel I have a mob coming after me hehe

Carto4's question was:

"Is it worth paying it's overprice over de manual one? You people think it's a good extra?"

My personal answer is: no. Others are free to say yes!

/me takes cover

Thanks for your answer then

The fact is that DSG and the BMW 8speed gear box, is that they are both automatic gear boxes, but the DSG is duble clutch, and BMW one is a "par cenverter" type. We all know that duble clutch gear boxes are the fastest ones, but BMW just offers them with the M cars.
Appreciate 0