View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 05:02 PM   #369
EspenSS94
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

F20 116i, owned for allmost 1 year, been good up to lately for when i started to get a rattling diesel kind of sound when i accelerate and engine brake, its only during load on the car and i've started to get the Drivetrain warning triangle on the display.

1.Took the car to a dealer, found out it ran on 3 to 4 cylinders, one bad coil and 4 sparkplugs that i got replaced, car ran much better, but didnt fix the rattling noise.

2. Took the car back to the dealer since i picked it up as they were closing, rattling sound intensified abit more, strangely enough the they now found out the engine was missing oil (filled allmost 3L) which i assumed fixed solve the rattle noise, but no oil leak afaik checking the areas where i've parked and no oil under the engine.

3. Got the same drivetrain warning triangle, turned off AC and sound volume to listen to the engine if it got the same rattle. It was, but in a much less significant manner. Anyone have got any experience on this? At this point i might aswell get my own diagnostics equipment for later use.

Ps. Original engine spec with no chiptuning.
Appreciate 0