01-07-2013, 02:02 AM   #12
diesel20
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328i '15 F12 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
When price is comparable, just go for the M135i. It will be a continuous experience of driving a real performance car. The 125i is also fast, but it will not leave such an omnipresent flair of power and torque. The 125i is a very good car, but the M135i is a very special one, even without the leather upholstery or big navigation.

For what the M badge concerns, I guess you have to put it on! Your point is valid... probably all of us partially also buy the car since it makes us look good, professional, sleek and well educated. I'am convinced this is an idea we have, since 90% out there doesn't have a clue about our cars.

I have an M-steering wheel in my 520d because I like the feel of it. And although I have the 520d badge on it and only the 17inch std rims, people ask me whether this is a real M5 I'am driving!
I gave it a lot of thought. I could afford a 135i, then stretch myself to add toys. But you take the additional running costs, insurance, fuel and its a lot more money to be spending on a car that quite frankly even in my humble GTI I seldom have the opportunity to give it the beans.

Don't get me wrong, I think the M135i is a spectacular car and I trust anybody fortunate enough to own one enjoys it thoroughly. But while I wouldn't want to go backwards in power and toys from the GTI, I seldom wish I had more power and could do greater speeds.

Funny how as cars have become faster, so too has the enforcement of the speed limit become more persistent

P.S. I LOVE the M steering wheel! I think the M sport 1 series looks great outside, but its the touches and finishes on the inside that sold me. The matching strip across the dash of blue, the fat steering wheel, the anthracite rooflining, flip I really CAN'T WAIT for my car!!!!
Appreciate 0