View Single Post
      09-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
I use a (business) Blackberry Torch and a (personal) iPhone4s on my F20 and F07. Both connect seamlessly for bluetooth connectivity, contacts and in the case of the F07, for various enhanced features as it has the Premium HDD Professional SatNav/Connectivity. You will have no problem connecting the Torch to the F20 via bluetooth or an optional Y-Cable if you need to charge etc.

No specific tricks for pairing, its pretty straight forward. The phonebook comes up on display and can be operated via the iDrive and also the steering controls.

If you're considering the future, I would suggest the iPhone5 will be a good choice as it will come with a quite awesome i0S6 Turn-By-Turn navigation and improved Siri Voice Search (that unlike the Blackberry) can be quite useful both with or without your car's integrated system. BMW has been forging links with Apple and i believe you will find more Apps and integrated systems going forward (some of which may require additional hardware and retrofits in older cars)

It is all down to personal choice and budget, there have been considerable improvements on the Android front too, but at this time its hard to back RIM when they have bene paring back the consumer-business and focussing only on enterprise-solutions (menaing you will see less exciting developments for people like us in the car)
Appreciate 0