View Single Post
      11-10-2018, 11:07 AM   #7
Estoril Blue 116d
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: The blur Marvel

As others stated, to reduce body roll you cannot rely on springs only. Here's my 2 cent...

Sports shocks and especially stiffer Anti Roll Bars will help a lot. Stiffer bushings will tidy up everything even more.

As for wheels you should be fine with stock 16"s... I believe you can lower as much as you'd like without anything rubbing.

I have the M-Sport suspension and there's body roll. I like it. It makes the car lean down and hug the road when accelerating "hard" out of corners. It's the only times I notice the body roll. Other than that the 116d feels planted (for a normal car).

I have 18"s with 225/40/18 upfront and 245/45/18 for the rear. It came that way from the factory. The summer tires are gone and thank god for that because they're RFT and I've never experienced something so bad. Totally ruins the behaviour and tramlines as mad. Completely bonkers to drive.

Regarding fitment I could easily space out the rear wheels 0.8-1.0 at the rear and 0.5 at the front without rubbing... Maybe I'll try, at least at the rear.
Appreciate 0