View Single Post
      06-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #21
logiclee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetennis View Post
There lies the problem bgm, to me it is normal to raise revs to pull off and to take my foot off the brake when stationary.

If normal is to sit on your brakes when stationary in an auto then cool but I thought that warps discs?
If pulling off at idle is normal, fine, I bet this concept gets introduced in the upcoming launch control.
Pulling away from idle is still faster than the manual can manage with increased revs. The 8 speed auto has a very low 1st gear so 1st is over very quickly.

No problem with sitting with the foot on the brakes, in fact most bigger BMW's and VAG models have auto hold systems that maintain brake pressure when you stop, you can release the brake pedal but the brakes stay on until the throttle is pressed. The 1 series doesn't have this feature so you have to keep your foot on the pedal.
The stop/start system also works on the brake pedal. Pull up and keep your foot on the brake and the engine will stop, as you release the brake the engine restarts.
For longer stops press P to put the car in park and put on the handbrake. This also keeps the engine off. As soon as you select D the engine restarts.

Cheers
Lee
Appreciate 0