Spieltag
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW m235 AW/KR-B

Garage List
2015 BMW m235  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardZed View Post
It's really the individual you're training with that matters, not the letters behind their name. I mentioned getting personal trainer, but that would be a last resort. Best thing really is to train with someone that you can be competitive with and pushes you (not to mention its free). As a former division 1A football player and more recently a nationally competitive strongman this has worked the best for me.

I'll stand behind my previous comment regarding plateaus.
I'll agree that the letters don't matter, but overall those certifications test an actual depth of knowledge as opposed to a weekend course where you buy your certification.

I absolutely agree that motivation can help a person push, but plateus are real and there are NUMEROUS scietific journals, articles, and studies that go as far back as the beginning of the soviet union's dominance in weight lifting. Soviet periodization is still examined today.

I will reiterrate, plateus while affected by mental motivation, are a METABOLIC response that occurs naturally as your body adapts. Periodization is the way around it.

Here is a brief read for a little more info, and while this is focusing mainly on bodybuilding and hypertrophy, it does shed a little more light on the topic. Please read my earlier large post if you want to research more on the topic. Any of the items in there are easily researched.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0