View Single Post
      03-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #55
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrey21 View Post
Hopefully they wont wait years to bring out the updated X4, I know its a new model but just like the X3, the interior does feel dated, I like the interior but improvements like those in the F15 design or 6 series are hard to miss and should trickle down into these lower priced vehicles as well.
The first X4 is similar to the Mercedes-Benz GLE and in some ways the E71 BMW X6 models launched within their life cycles of the standard based vehicle.
Just as we see the new F16 X6 is now fresher and more advanced in every aspect. The X4 G03 will be based heavily on the G01 therefore will be on the same level of advancement of the G01 X3. That gives the current X4 a shelf life of around 4 years when the next X4 arrives in early 2018.

BMWs SUV momentum in 2017-2018 will be strong what with the next X3, X4, X-Cite , an overhaul of the X5 and the first BMW X7 model. The G07.

The engine lineup will encompass six- and eight-cylinder units as well as a plug-in hybrid derivative with six cylinders earmarked for future BMW luxury models and a version of the next RR models. The top end X7 will feature a revamped V12 motor which its high power is a variation from the Rolls-Royce Wraith.

Mechanical and technology features will also be shared with the first Rolls-Royce SUV. G07 will also utilise CFRP in its chassis and weight load bearing section from the CLAR cluster matrix which begins its roll out in the all new BMW 7er.