View Single Post
      06-13-2016, 07:57 AM   #2
Outlaw 06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i (daily driver)

Have you considered taking a course at Skip Barber Racing School? They offer high performance driving programs too. Being instructed and coached by pros was an extremely valuable and humbling experience for me. I'm a graduate of the Skip Barber MazdaSpeed (MX-5) 3-Day Racing School, Advanced Car Control School and the MazdaSpeed 2-Day Advanced Racing School (3 times). I’m also a graduate of the dearly departed Hawaii International racing School (SCCA Spec Racers). It was during the first day of the 3-Day Racing School, when I quickly realized that I wasn’t nearly as good a driver as I thought I was (despite being a solo run group HPDE “veteran”). After many hours of professional coaching and hundreds of miles of scrutinized lapping, I’m definitely a more competitive, safer and MUCH better driver than I used to be. I know that the high quality professional racing instruction I received at Skip Barber was well worth the cost. FYI, Skip Barber Racing School routinely offers promotions, and these discounts make the school relatively affordable and a good value.