05-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #24
diesel20
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328i '15 F12 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
We'll have to beg to differ. You can spend as much as you like on hi end music systems for a car. But you still have the white noise in the background.If it wasn't the case sound labs wouldn't worry about soundproofing, as based on your rationale, the white noise would be masked anyway.And together with the M135i's synthetic engine note, all your good works undermined.

Besides, anyone who drinks a Shiraz, is a knuckle dragger
The H/K is hardly high end price wise for either a car or home sound system. The real top end systems available on cars like B&O and burmeister cost at least 5X as much, maybe at that level these factors of environment and white noise start to become a consideration. As does the source of the music, the vast majority of 1 series drivers with H/K systems are using their ipod as their source I'm sure.

Although those systems are designed to compensate for the draw backs of the car environment... one day when I have that kind of cash to spend on such a car with the option of such a system it's a decision I will gladly worry about. And maybe I'll start using the highest quality source possible to play music on the system.

I enjoy my music, I turn it up. I spend a lot of time doing very unexciting commuting, and being able to enjoy my music on a good sounding system while crawling in traffic is something I really like about my car. I feel the H/K system offers good value for the sound it offers, I've been very pleased with the system.

The standard system is fine for talk radio, not much more. Its actually noticeably worse than the system that came on my humble VW polo a few years ago.

Last edited by diesel20; 05-17-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0