View Single Post
      07-12-2016, 04:41 AM   #72
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
haha yeah but I think that when people say 1%, they are thinking of Mitt Romney, and now suddenly a net worth of 250 mil. is garbage and < 1 gucci store that trump owns...

But seriously, you go to the hospital, some anaesthesiologist wearing New Balance running shoes shows up and does his thing, seems like someone you played ball with in HS, he's a 1%'er. He has none of the homes shown in this thread, he may even drive a 2013 Accord.

(that's my cousin I've described above)

It's misleading...you have options as a 1%'er, but putting 2 kids through college and raising them? You're in a tough spot because you don't qualify for a lot of assistance out there, which you would as a 10%'er....and from my observation, it's often the people who earn less driving the flashier cars, spending more, etc.
Too true. It's amazing how few people realize this. You'll still see snide comments in other bimmerpost sub-forums where people make wild assumptions about one's income or net worth based on the car they drive or the value of the watch they wear.
Appreciate 0