09-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
The guys at the dealer said the service indicators were counting wrong in the software version I had, and that was the most important upgrade. It indicates longer time until I need to replace the rear brake pads now. The rain sensor software was also different, but I haven't tested it yet.
I had that issue and the software fixed it - my service indicator said I needed my rear pads replaced at 23000 miles from new before the update - now it will last until 36000

I also noticed the start/stop after the update is now dependent on the heater temp setting (non-climate at least) which it never used to be, and that with auto wipers, moving "downwards" on the stalk leaves it in auto mode (green light illuminated) and activates an instant single wipe... whereas before, a move down would transfer from auto to manual intermttent.

I think they also stopped the "kick" from changing from Comfort to Sport whilst accelerating (6MT) - which is a shame.