Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
My unsatisfactory experience (today) at Passport BMW

I want to make the disclaimer that my only prior experience with "premium" vehicles was with Audi. I had a 2010 S4 which was primarily serviced at Audi Silver Spring. All of my comparisons are from my experience there.

I made my appointment 1month ago (for today) for my 1200 mile break-in service. Booking process at the time was smooth, I got the time I wanted due to the in-advance notice.

I show up today at my appointed time, 7:30. My SA was cordial, however, lacking the collegial, friendly demeanor with my Audi SA. At no point during the booking process did he ask if I had any questions about the service being performed today or give me an estimate time of completion.

He tells me to proceed to the Loaner car desk. The lady there basically ignored me. Her co-worker sitting next to her realized this, and asked if he could help me. And to my dismay, he stated that there were no loaners available. He sent me back over to my SA to get a slip for Enterprise.

Luckily the Enterprise desk is onsite, but I had to provide a $100 security hold and received a rather dingy/smelly nissan sentra.

I was in a rush to get to my doctors appointment, so I got on my way.

My feedback:
I made the assumption, because I received a loaner every time with Audi unspoken, that I would receive a BMW loaner also. Especially, with a 1month notice of appointment.

The Audi service was well orchestrated, I was greeted warmly and promptly at my car. I was in and out after dropoff within 10 minutes. I received an Audi S4 loaner for the day. I was the 3rd owner of that S4, one that I bought privately. And Audi of SS made me feel like I bought a 2015 off their showroom yesterday.

1st world problems, I know....and this post could be interpreted as self-serving or entitled. But I felt that my service experience was so far off the mark that I had to put it on paper. If my experiences with Audi was a 9 out of 10. This experience was a 3 or 4.

Apologies for the rant.
Funny, the opposite happened to me. I bought a new Audi Q5 and when I dropped it off for service they ran out of loaners. They had an Enterprise counter and I was given a dingy Jeep Patriot or Compass for the day. Any mainstream dealer can run out of loaners on any given day, it just depends on your luck. Well, except for Lexus. They'll make it right by giving you an extended test drive with one of their cars in inventory.
Appreciate 0