View Single Post
      01-07-2014, 05:33 AM   #14
thaenzy
Rep
Drives: 125DsA F20 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callthecops View Post
I do like the high contrast pictures with that Valencia orange.

I want to lower my 118i with Eibach Pro kit springs (with my stock dampers).
Is there a big difference in comfort and/or handling?

I see you live in Belgium, did you go to the 'vehicle inspection' (autokeuring) after you installed the lowering springs?
Some people (with E81 and E87's) didn't go and got away with it, because the Eibach springs are black and the inspector didn't notice the lowering springs when the car was inspected months later.
I've got the adaptive suspension and I have to say that the comfort is still very high. I like it a lot :-) My previous car was a 120D lowered on Eibach Pro as well and this was A LOT more uncomfortable.

Concerning the vehicle inspection:
- The first inspection is only after 4 years so I've still got a lot of time to concern about stuff like that
- Eibach Pro springs don't form any problem for the inspection, you just need the right paperwork, given by your installer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Math View Post
Hmm, thats what I feared. So how do you do this to pass the car controll?
There is a zero tolerance in Belgium concerning darkened mirrors. When they inspect it, they ask you to take it off, otherwise your car won't get a green card.
If police holds you while driving, they can ask to take the foil off and/or give a ticket. I'm driving for over a 1,5 years with darkened mirrors in front and so far, so good. Police even held me once, stated that my front window were darkened, but let me continue driving because the front tint was not completely dark. I suppose you won't have this luck with all cops.

FYI: I asked my window tinter to make the front windows a bit lighter than the rear ones, so it looks a bit like the front is not darkened
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoBem007 View Post
Hi Ben!
Nice to see you here as well
Great cars, great forums. We think alike
Appreciate 0