iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexP
I can agree with everybody on this topic!

Early of March, I went to BMW Brussels (as I am currently living in Brussels...), Saturday afternoon. I didn't had specific questions, but salesman was quite ok. A few days later I called him to arrange a test drive for a 116i (I wanted it to be automatic, but here in Belgium they have only Diesel...) He found me a 116i, ok manual speed. I had to go to another dealer, suburbs of Brussels. Salesman was quite ok also.

About one month later, mid April, I am in holidays, in Cyprus. As I will export the car in Cyprus at the end, and as in Cyprus they don't like to have the prices on their website... I had to go to the dealer
First BMW dealer: salesman who thinks he knows everything, that BMW are the best cars in the world, and that if you enter you will buy, necessarily
I was still hesitating between 116i and 118i, and as everybody knows, that's the same 1,6L engine. I said him "I am also interested by the 118i as it is a 1,6L", salesman "no 118i isn't 1,6L, only 116i" (and in Cyprus there is a tax about 5 to 6000€ for 1650 to 2250cm3, instead of maximum 600€ for less thant 1650cm3... so there is a big difference!
Xenons: "when the lamp will burn, you will have to change complete headlight, and cost is about 1700€". M Sport? doesn't exist yet, the sooner early 2013 (price for M Sport was in the pricelist by the way...)
There were also quite a lot of other "mistakes" And pushing me to take a in-stock car despite the fact that they had pretty not any extras I wanted...
And as I had only a few days, and he had to call me for a test drive (116i automatic but they only have this model in Cyprus ) and he didn't, another day when I had free time I went to the bigger BMW in Cyprus. Here salesman was very good, and not trying to sell me at any cost an in-stock car.

I went also to Peugeot, for the RCZ. First in Cyprus: "xenons?? useless, halogens are very good, everybody take halogens because they are satisfied with" (they don't even test drive the car at night )
1 week ago, Peugeot here in Brussels, salesman in his 50s: Petrol or Diesel, saying I prefer Petrol engine: "it's better to take Diesel, and look, we only have Diesel, so that's the proof that Diesel is better" ... even on RCZ! Equipment: he didn't even said me what is the equipment of the car, or said me what are the available extras, and asked me which extras I wanted to add
I have to add- I tried to buy the m sport estoril my dealer had in stockc and he told me not to buy it because buying new would be a better finance deal for me- so kudos to BMW Knights north for that!
Appreciate 0