View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
120d_estoril
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F21 120d Auto - Estoril Blue

Unfortunately things are moving slower than I'd like at the moment

I ordered the speakers on the 7th from the UK DLS distibutor and there still not in the UK yet from Sweden, however saying that I'm not sure I'd of done a great deal in the snow anyway

I've had confirmation that they are in transit to the distributor so hopefully by the end of the week or start of next week they'll be here and I can get started on taken the door cards off and fitting the speakers.

I've also ordered a set of SWS8 under seat subs. I've ordered them from America as even with shipping they've worked out just over £100 cheaper than the UK supplier

I like doing things properly and so decided that'll I'll braid all the cables and heatshrink them. I haven't done much yet as I need to run the cables through the rubber channels in the door before splicing them etc.

I've also got some silent coat extra sound dampening mats, some a foam gasket for the speakers. I've found someone to custom make some steel 3/4mm spacers for the subs to sit on as I've tried contacting the guy off here and had no response to PM or e-mail and I'll rather have steel spacers over plastic ones

Couple of pics just for the build diary really although again nothing exciting until the speakers rock up.

Braid...

One sides worth of cables (1 large for the mid/1 large for sub and small for tweeter)

Silent coat dampener...

More braiding...

Various sized heatshrink...

Foam gasket

Hopefully next update will be more exciting and beneficial to the members wanting to remove the door card
Appreciate 0