View Single Post
      03-06-2024, 09:45 PM   #110
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I met a guy last week that owns a detail business. He lives in Kansas and owns a BAC Mono. Kansas wouldn't let him register the car so he registered the car in Montana so he could drive it on the streets. He's been pulled over multiple times in the last year solely because the cops do not believe the car can be legal and his plates fake. Now he's dealing with the state because they are telling him the car needs to reside in Montana and not at his residence in Kansas. He's been dealing with this for 6 months now and is afraid to drive the car as the state says they might impound the car if it's driven on a public road in Kansas. There are multiple hypercar owners in Kansas he's knows facing the same problem with their Montana registered cars. The BAC Mono is absolutely stunning and sounds amazing too. I would have never known one exists in my town if I didn't meet this guy during a volleyball match and started talking cars.
You can’t be pulled over based on the state your car is registered in so your friend may want to brush up on his rights and ask the cops if they’re going to write him a ticket or if he’s free to go, and don’t answer any questions if he’s not being detained. He should also record every one of these illegal stops and consult an attorney on how to sue the police department for doing it repeatedly.
Appreciate 1
Humdizzle6094.50