iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufc2002 View Post
Done the deal late on Saturday 19th May so the order went in last Monday (21st).

Had the order confirmation email from the dealer and he then rang to say the car will be here by the end of June as a guy had placed an order for a 118d Sport and they had been allocated a build slot. His finance then fell through but they retained the slot and because I have chosen the same engine, it was still at the stage for the spec to be changed (from Sport to M Sport) so that's why I am getting it earlier.

Haven't had an estimate build week as yet.
what i would say is, if you dont have a build week and you placed your order at least 1 week ago, then ring and ask if you've got your build week. if he / she says there isnt a build week yet- keep emailing every 3 days for an update. i got my build week the day the order was submitted to BMW.

Next, you want to get in touch approx 15 days before production is due to start (your build week)- as it will goto production scheduled.

At this point, feel free to arrange to hand over your V5 for any car(s) you are part-xing.

After that, just wait until mid-day of the first day of scheduled production and email for an update. i then emailed every day for an update.

Once the car is 'in transit' be prepared for a long wait- as not even the dealer knows whats happening at this point. usually takes. it took 8 days for my car to be consigned to the UK, and a further 7 to be delivered to the dealer.

its JUST like watching a kettle boil- you know you need the end product, but you cannot do anything to help speed it up- and it teases you with what sounds like boiling water (progress). but eventually you get what you asked for. I'm just waiting for the coffee to arrive (DVLA docs) to add to the nice boiling water
Appreciate 0