View Single Post
      02-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #26
Spy_be
Registered
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F20

Your F20 is just beautiful ! I have placed an order for the same spec + some more toys inside and I am impatient for it .

I have a little question regarding the motor. For the moment I have ordered an 116i manual gear but for many reasons (resell value, taxes, price of diesel), I think I'll go for a 116d or 118d. If I go for a 116d, It would be with an automatic gearbox.

My question is : After few months of driving, what do you think about the engine ? is the 116d OK for such car in everyday use (acceleration) ? Is the automatic gearbox really cool to drive or is it a little boring ? Have you ever compared with a 118d ? I've read somewhere that the 116d with automatic gearbox is quite similar to a 118d with manual gearbox.
Still hesitating between 116dA or 118d mainly because of the automatic gearbox. Actually I was affraid that the driving experience will be a little boring after a while with this automatic gearbox

One last thing : What do you pay in terms of taxes (each year + new car taxe) ? Is it quite different from a 118D or 116i ?

thank you very much (and sorry to up your topic )
Appreciate 0