03-29-2013, 02:03 AM   #203
Fanis
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 116i (F20) Auto

Garage List
Update on a few problems:

1. On Tuesday night I heard a strange ticking noise from the engine. It was very similar to how the valves tick when there is low oil pressure. Could not figure though where it was exactly coming from. No warnings or any other engine messages.

2. The coolant level droped to minimum, withoug any warning and it tayed there. When I toped up (twice, about 1 litre each time) within 24 hours the coolant was again to minimum. It was strange because it was losing coolant but only up to the min. level and then it stopped.

3. Driver's window not working properly. It stopped (as if there was an obstacle) whenever it wanted, sometimes it stops working at all etc.

The car went to the dealer on Wednsdya morning and I picked it yesterday with the following report:

1. This was caused by 2 things: a) The Water pump belt was damaged from the inside and a small slither was cut and it was making the noise and b) the pulley or the tensioner (cannot remmeber) was loose. Both problems fixed, the noise has stopped.

2. That was caused by a faulty pipe going to the radiator (thus as not losing all the collant but only a portion). Replace and problem solved.

3. This was coming up to the diagnostics as well and is down to a faulty electric window motor. A new one has been ordered and I will replace it in about a month that I will go for an oil change.

All the above (except No.3 which is pending) were done under warranty, so I paid nothing (thank God, as only the parts cost 327 Euro!!). Also, since the car was there for 2 days, they did two software recall campaigns and one more is pending.
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0