View Single Post
      12-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #44
rickk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 M5, F56E Mini Cooper SE

Almost 4 weeks and almost 3000 km down the road I'm loving the car to bits!

Most of my initial criticisms still stand but with the break-in over I don't feel guilty redlining the car anymore and above 4000 rpm things are much louder and more responsive. Still, it takes quite long to reach the redline, I think the car would be a lot more exciting with slightly shorter gearing.

That said, it picks up speed quickly in any gear, even pulling away from 60 km/h in 6th isn't a problem.

I also finally got winter tires (a square setup of 225/40R18 Conti TS830 Ps) fitted and this has livened up the rear end a lot. Right now I'm happy when it rains. In the wet it's easy to break traction and kicking the tail out on roundabouts and sharp corners is extremely addictive.. The car appears very predictable when doing this, I never felt this comfortable with throwing my E46 and even my E30 around.

The tires are quite nice so far. When driving normally they feel and sound hardly any different the stock S001s. This is a bit deceptive, as when pushed they can definitely smear and squirm especially under braking.

The first 200 km DSC kicked in at the strangest moments, but things seem to settle now, although it still interferes a lot when accelerating from 120 km/ in 4th on a dry highway.

But... so far I'm really happy with them, I just hope they last until the snow starts falling
Appreciate 0