01-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #25
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
Uhm hello? M135i has two exhausts, unique wheel rims, silver mirrors, and a 6-cylinder sound.

Joe Average might not see the difference, but M135i owners will.

Anyway, this topic reminds me of Fiat owners that put a Ferrari sticker on their car. Or women that stuff their bra.
Don't try to be what you're not. Be proud of what you are/have.
Do you really, I mean, really believe that a sensible person that is not a dedicated BMW freak even knows that an M135i has grey double spoked 5 ray trims on it and a double exhaust pipe?...I mean.... really do you mean that this is common knowledge to the ROW (knowing that majority of 1-series buyers don't even know the car they own and bought is RWD)?

I overheared a chat between management trainees in my company that had to order a car. Two master engineers that didn't have a clue that the 1-series they could order where RWD. When I asked them "what is the benefit of RWD", they both said: "NONE, you have to avoid it, it's old school!!". Actually, they couldn't understand why BMW claims to be premium when they are still on ancient RWD technology!! WTF??

When I told them my mate ordered an M135i, both of them asked me.... What the hell, he's a millionaire or what??? The M/// badge they know, although they don't know what it means by a loooooong shot. For them a 114d with an M badge is Mythical and by consequence admirable, a 550i with Msport and all the dynamic/active candy without an M/// badge is just a common vehicle to them.

So put the M/// badge on, and enjoy the perfect superlative 125i as a sublime everyday car that really is a magnificent ride!

Last edited by KoenG; 01-08-2013 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0