06-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #18
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
That's not how hill assist works. If you're on the flat in 'D' and take your foot off the brake the car will move instantly forward. If your on a hill, when you take your foot off the brake to move t0 the gas, hill assist stops you rolling backwards for 2 seconds

Any other way and the car would be a total pain in a slow crawl

Regarding a fast start....how fast do you want to go? Just put the selector in S and give half throttle and you'll take off like a startled deer. You may consider a different strategy at the drag strip but applying gas while holding the brake will cause oil sheer in the torque convertor and overheating if you do it for too long or too often. Given that its not designed for this type of abuse why do it when its so fast off the mark in standard S mode?
Steve
Did you not see in my post the word HILL That refers to a Hill

Applying some throttle with the foot brake applied is only used at the point of anticipation of the green light. The ZF auto is designed to take stress loads of a start on a steep hill so the throttle increase to 1300rpm (500 rpm above idle) for a second or so before the lift off is within acceptable limits
I agree, pushing to 3500 rpm is not good for it

Last edited by AusF20/F48; 06-18-2013 at 07:21 AM..
Appreciate 0