View Single Post
      01-08-2016, 06:29 AM   #17
neilwilliams
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 116iSE

I've got the pre-LCI on standard suspension, 17-inch wheels and runflats. The ride is fine for me. My dad had the previous generation 1-series on 16-inch wheels and standard tyres and thought the ride in mine was better. He's since upgraded.

I'd say they should go to the dealer and arrange a test drive, specifically asking for a route with speed bumps. Make sure they know what size wheels are on the demonstrator by checking them, rather than taking the salesman's word for it.

Dealers will let them check that they can get child seats in easily and put things in the boot, it's in their interests to let potential customers to this.

Back in 2009 I test drove the Jazz and it was a comfortable car. The 1-series will seem like quite a step up and should have sufficient boot space, just remember it's a much wider car. The Jazz is very efficient on space as that was Honda's guiding principle when it came to designing it.

I think both the children would be fine. There's much more space than in the previous generation. Granted, a golf will have more space as it has a higher roofline and smaller transmission tunnel, but I've never had any complaints from passengers.
Appreciate 0