01-07-2016, 08:02 PM   #15
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tallon View Post
Hello everyone, I'm an escapee from the F30 forum for today but wonder if you can help me with some advice.

My daughter and son in law have a yearning to buy a nearly new 1 series in succession to a 2008 Honda Jazz.

They want a more responsive and classier alternative for themselves and their children aged 8 and 6. Is the 1 series a runner do you think. Slight downers from the press seem to be hard ride and tight for space in back. She'll need a reasonable boot space too.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS she lives in York so waterproofing would be apposite too !!!!!!
The Jazz is remarkably space efficient and airy and I was rather surprised how much rear seat room there is. Likewise the Honda's boot is something like 330 litres, barely any less than the 1er's, and I think there's a bit more flexibility with the Jazz's luggage arrangements, plus more cabin storage.

That said, the 1er would be fine for the majority of trips with two kids 8 and 6. The hatch aids with options, as does the 2/3;1/3 split fold, although the window like is relatively high so it could feel claustrophobic after the Honda, and the tighter footroom may be an issue if carrying a friend in the middle seat in a year or two.

Quality and solidity are on another level, and ride and refinement in the 1er is excellent with less harshness, a more supple springing and better damping control than the Jazz.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0