View Single Post
      07-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #9
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

Thank you all very much for replying. Indeed few sentences turn into so much need for practice. Karting here is also very expensive here, so I don't get to do it often. This is the place I go to with the map, and hope it shows up in your browser.

http://karting.trk.com.tw/

I ran around 30 minutes. The first thing is definitely fitness. Stamina matters, my action is pick up cycling again just for karting. The ambient of 35 degree Celsius and 70~80% humidity do not help either.

In our beginning of our laps there is a complex "heavily inspired" by the 1, 2, 3 corner complex in Sepang, which also leads off to the very long straight. It is crucial to late apex hold off until the point when one can launch off to the straight. Discipline matters very much.

Then comes to our discussion to slide or not. I find sliding slightly, than letting the tires stick, in certain places help turning while not letting the rev drop, but difficulty increases, so more practice I guess. In general the racing line is still kept, although trail braking was added half way through the session until I was sure I am okay with threshold braking at the end of the long straight. I have some pictures and the link here for your entertainment. No unfortunately they didn't let me having a go in the Lotus

Thanks again, and I will keep practicing
Attached Images

Appreciate 0