Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
*crickets*
Hey Johanness .

How is everyone doing with their portfolio?

I know 2 days ago it looked like TVIX bottomed at 13.90. In the two days thereafter it's hit as high as 15.90 today. 14.4%. Not bad.

And now we're seeing TVIX make gains when the indexes close up. Might be a tell for what the market really thinks. All I know is, someone the other day had made a purchase of 151,000 shares of TVIX. or roughly 2.2 million. The big boys are playing the shorts now.

A while back I told everyone on here "Not to be fooled" by the rally, that it was not real. I said it was a "pump and dump" routine at the start of the year. Well, look at this new article:

Big guys have started selling.

Quote:
Corporate insiders are now selling their companies’ stock at a rate not seen since late last July.

...among insiders at companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange, this ratio was even more lopsided at 8.2-to-1. [Sell-to-Buy]

In the last full week of that month, for example, the sell-to-buy ratio stood at 0.81-to-1 — a far cry from the 5.77-to-1 registered in the first week of February.

And, of course, the market is a lot higher now than where it stood then — more than 1,600 Dow points higher, in fact.

Given recent insider selling, it’s more likely that the next 1,600 point Dow move will be down than up.
Evidence is seen in the volume being picked up in TVIX and other shorts. Record volume for this year, and only keeps building. You have big boys buying into Ultra-shorts. You have the markets topping out with RSI past the moon. And these are the same insiders that are on TV telling the average investor "he's going to miss the train".

From here, I think it's safe to say that, since we're so far out from our moving averages on the indexes, we will be revisiting 1260 (just from the pullback alone, as historically that's what over-extensions in the market do. They pull back to their moving averages). SHOULD anything bad happen (so unlikely though, right?) I believe we will be revisiting much lower than 1260.

Chime in guys, thoughts?

Edited: TVIX has done 19.6% in the last 2 days. Not bad, considering the indexes had been UP on both days. Down we go soon! Weee

Last edited by Vanity; 02-09-2012 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0