06-03-2011, 12:11 AM
2012 BMW 1-Series Hatchback (F20) Official Information - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos
3.35 inches longer and 2 inches wider
- Second generation 1-Series retains the only rear-wheel-drive model in its class. Even more sporty and fuel-efficient than before, and significantly more comfortable and spacious.
- "Sport Line" and "Urban Line" models available.
- Body 85 millimeters (3.35 inches) longer, wheelbase 30 millimeters (1.18 inches) longer, front track 51 millimeters (2 inches) wider and rear track 72 millimeters (2.83 inches) wider than previous model.
- 50:50 weight distribution.
- Highly torsion-resistant body for increased responsiveness and passenger protection. Comprehensive range of safety equipment including front, side and head airbags.
- Two newly developed 1.6-litre petrol engines (twin-scroll turbocharger, High Precision Injection, VALVETRONIC and Double-VANOS):
- 118i: 125 kW/170 hp at 4,800 rpm, maximum torque: 250 Nm at 1,500 – 4,500 rpm
0 – 100 kph: 7.4 seconds, maximum speed: 225 km/h
- 116i: 100 kW/136 hp at 4, 400 rpm, maximum torque: 220 Nm at 1,350 – 4, 300 rpm
0 – 100 kph: 8.5 seconds, maximum speed: 210 km/h
- Radically redesigned 2.0-litre diesel engines (BMW TwinPower Turbo technology package, consisting of variable-geometry turbocharger, common-rail magnetic-valve direct injection):
- 120d: 135 kW/184 hp at 4,000 rpm, maximum torque: 380 Nm at 1,750 – 2, 750 rpm
0 – 100 kph: 7.2 seconds, maximum speed: 228 km/h
- 118d: 105 kW/143 hp at 4,000 rpm, max. torque: 320 Nm at 1,750 – 2, 500 rpm
0 – 100 kph: 8.9 seconds, maximum speed: 212 km/h
- 116d: 85 kW/116 hp at 4,000 rpm, maximum torque: 260 Nm at 1,750 – 2,500 rpm
0 – 100 kph: 10.3 seconds, maximum speed: 200 km/h
- 116d EfficientDynamics Edition: 85-kW/116-hp 1.6 litre diesel engine and additional fuel-saving technologies that will keep CO2 emissions over the EU testing cycle down to just 99 g/km.
- Six-speed manual transmission or eight-speed automatic transmission available, the latter is unique in class.
- In addition to numerous efficiency technologies, there is also the start-stop system, a regenerative braking system, and a driving program selector with two modes - "Eco" and "Sport".
- High-quality interior with driver-friendly cockpit - optional iDrive system with BMW flatscreen design.
- Production will be at the Regensburg plant, public debut at the IAA in September.
- Standard colors (non-metallic)
- Alpine White
- Crimson Red
- Optional colors (metallic)
- Black Sapphire
- Deep Sea blue
- Mineral Grey
- Midnight Blue
- Glacier Silver
- Optional colors (metallic) - Available from November 2011
- Mineral White
- Liquid Blue
- Valencia Orange
Weight, unladden (M135i)
116i Urban & Sport Line Data
116d Urban & Sport Line Data
118i Urban & Sport Line Data
118d Urban & Sport Line Data
120d Urban & Sport Line Data