View Single Post
      03-17-2024, 10:57 AM   #74
BMWbiker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Well, to be honest, I am already 71-years-old but still ride an '84 R100RS Last Edition. So there is no question I'm a Luddite. But I also appreciate a great design when I see one.

All I really wish for is that gasoline stays available for my BMWs until I just don't care anymore.

Excellent response. I meant my post to be teasing, but after posting it I was a bit concerned that it could be taken as harsh. I’m glad that it wasn’t.

Nice airhead. That’s one of the great fairings. I used to own a /6 with an S fairing. Even as I moved up to more modern Beemers, I kept that airhead for decades.

The reality is that the days of the ICE engine as the dominant mode of surface transportation are numbered. Will electric cars supplant them? Hydrogen? Something else that we don’t even envision now? Better mass transit? Who knows.

Most people in the U.S. don’t use horse and buggy as the primary mode of transportation (the Amish excepted). Essentially no commercial aviation use piston engines in their aircraft. Life changes. Technology changes.

I thought my next car would be an EV. Then again, I didn’t think that my ICE would be totaled earlier this year. EV cars don’t yet do what I want a vehicle to do, especially since I don’t have ready access to a charger where I live. So, I guess that my next car may be an EV, perhaps one of these newfangled Neue Klasse X ones.

I’m just waiting to see a Neue Klasse X prototype with styling elements from an Isetta….
Scrapula2965.50