05-05-2023, 05:55 PM   #7
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
I am glad you turned out well, despite the deck you were dealt
You can not use your personal experience and anecdotal evidence to argue the point

Effects of Fatherlessness – Teenage Statistics
63% of all youth suicides,
70% of all teen pregnancies,
71% of all adolescent chemical/substance abusers,
80% of all prison inmates, and
90% of all homeless and runaway children, came from single mother homes.
Bob Ray Sanders, “Hey Y’all, Let’s Fill The Hall (Of Fame), Ft. Worth Star Telegram, Oct.28,2007

Mona Charen, “More Good News Than Bad?”, Washington Times, Mar.16, 2001 (citing Bill Bennett, “The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators: American society at the end of the 20th Century., New York, Broadway Books, 1994)

Children brought up in single mother homes are:
5 times more likely to commit suicide,
9 times more likely to drop out of high school,
10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances,
14 times more likely to commit rape,
20 times more likely to end up in prison,
32 times more likely to run away from home.

The statistics have gotten WORST since then
There’s more to the statistical story.
And if you aren’t able or willing to present the full statistical picture than you aren’t being honest and cannot hope to solve the problem, not that I blame you.

But fatherhood alone is not the cause or remedy.

I am unwilling to present the complete statistical picture because to do so is to invite a public hanging.

As my statistics professor once said, statistics can be used to prove anything, depending on what the person presenting them wants you to believe.

Without more data on the individuals you cited, these statistics alone are virtually meaningless. This is not to say that having a father in the home is unnecessary, but it is an incomplete picture you’re providing, and as such it’s not very helpful.
Appreciate 0