03-23-2023, 05:00 PM   #1169
The Nightman
Cometh
Rep
Drives: Boy's Soul

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
I tested it after with some water to see if there was any issues. From what I can tell it seems like it’s performing like OEM direction water away from the engine bay, and any water that leaks through would have anyway with the stock set up because it’s not going into the open area I cut but leaking through the cowling seal to the plastic under the windshield.

So I recently confirmed that water should not be leaking into the engine bay between the wiper cowl and the cabin filter panel. There's a gasket there but the integrity of the seal depends on pressure from the cabin filter clips. It's not a big deal if you run the engine cover, as water runs off of it and onto the undertray.

I broke the clips on mine trying to install the cabin filter panel over the M3 strut brace, resulting in the same leak. Any interference from the M3 brace hardware with the cabin filter panel also prevented the gasket from sealing properly. I was able to fix it by adding 3/8"x1/4" EPDM door weatherstripping to the cabin filter cowl, where it seals against the top of the profile gasket:

https://www.duckbrand.com/products/w...-25-in-x-17-ft
Appreciate 1